Last updated: February 1, 2021
Note that as a User, you share your professional identity, engage with our network, exchange knowledge and professional insights with other Users or individuals visiting the Platform, post and view project descriptions and details, learn and develop skills, and find new collaboration opportunities. You should not submit personal information that you do not want shared.
Personal Information We Collect
When you access or use the Platform, or otherwise interact with us, we may collect certain categories of personal information about you from a variety of sources, including pursuant to voluntary submissions made by you, your participation in the Services, from third parties, and through cookie, location tracking, and other tracking technology.
Categories of personal information that we may collect from you directly include:
· Profile and background information (for example, name, nationality, location, education, experience, qualification, employment history, photographs, script samples, script submissions, project descriptions, a project name, creatives, publishing house information, a story description, and writing or story samples)
· Contact information (for example, phone number, mailing address, email address)
· Account information (for example, username and password)
· Communications (for example, submitted questions and ratings, public or community messages and responses, marketing preferences, survey responses, literary agent or manager contact)
· Payment-related information (for example, financial account information)
Categories of personal information that we may collect from other sources includes:
· Information to validate or update your address, payment or other demographic, occupational and/or lifestyle information from third-party service providers, including payment processors
When you access or use the Platform, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, domain name, user statistics (such as how long users stay on a page, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times you visit, access or use the Site).
Finally, we may collect personal information pursuant to a legal or contractual requirement, and failure to provide such information may impact our ability to fulfill our obligations.
Additionally, we may use other tracking technologies, including “tracer tags”, “Pixels”, “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”, to:
· record information such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates and times that the Platform is accessed;
· understand which pages you visit on the Site and other ways you interact with the Services;
· optimize and tailor the Platform for you and other Users.
Note that we may link the information we record using tracking technologies to other personal information we collect or maintain.
Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how “Do Not Track” should work on commercial websites. Due to the lack of such standards, this website does not respond to “Do Not Track” consumer browser settings.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
· Provide and improve the Services. We may use your personal information to provide and improve the Platform, to receive services in connection with the provision of the Services or administration of our business, to maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, and to fulfill our contractual obligations.
· Risk mitigation and security. We may use your personal information for risk mitigation and security purposes, including to maintain the privacy and security of our data, to conduct internal audits or investigations, to diagnose technical problems, for data security testing and business continuity planning purposes, and to ensure the safety and security of our clients, staff and assets.
· Communication and marketing. We may use your personal information to communicate with you about the Platform, respond to your questions, or offer you additional products or services (including products and services offered by our third-party partners). Generally, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications through links provided in the messages, by updating your account preferences through the Site, or by contacting us directly at [email protected].
· Comply with the law and exercise our rights. We may use your personal information as reasonably necessary to assess and ensure compliance with applicable laws, legal requirements, and company policies; to protect our assets or to investigate or defend against any claims of illegality or wrongdoing (including to obtain legal advice or to establish, exercise or defend legal rights); and in response to a court order or judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
· Corporate transaction. We may use your personal information in the event we undertake or are involved in or contemplating any diverstiture, consolidation, merger, acquisition, reorganization, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or insolvency event.
· Recruitment and hiring. We may use your personal information to evaluate your candidacy when you apply for a job with us.
· Manage our website. We may use your personal information to enable, analyze and improve the Platform, authenticate you, track pages viewed or messages opened, to personalize your browsing experience, and to provide you with tailored content. For example, we may collect statistical information to develop a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing and usage habits to allow us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services based on user traffic and behavior.
We may also aggregate, anonymize, or otherwise de-identify your personal information and use it for any purpose permitted by applicable law.
Some jurisdictions require that we determine a “lawful basis” for processing personal information. Where such requirements exist, we rely on the following lawful bases for our processing activities: that you have consented to the processing; that the processing is necessary for the performance of our contract with you; that we have a legal obligation; or that we have a legitimate interest in providing and improving the Platform and managing our business operations. To the extent we process personal information on behalf of a customer, we rely on the lawful basis as determined by that customer.
Our use of your personal information may involve the use of automated decision-making (i.e., making a decision by automated means without any human involvement). This includes our use of your personal information in connection with an Artificial Intelligence (AI) system that will automatically review qualitative elements of your literary works submitted on the Platform, rate your works on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being higher quality and 1 being lower quality), and use such rating and User information to match your project with other Members. However, we do not engage in any form of automated decision-making which would have a legal or similarly significant effect on you.
How and When We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients, to be used only for legitimate purposes in keeping with this Privacy Notice:
· Group companies and affiliates . We may disclose, share, or transfer your information to any business entity that is part of our corporate family.
· Service providers and professional advisors . We may disclose your information to third party vendors and contractors who provide services in support of our business operations, such as payment processing, financial services, website development, marketing management, service optimization, and data analytics and analysis. We may also disclose your personal information to our professional advisors such as our attorneys, accountants, and insurance providers.
· Parties involved in a corporate transaction . We may disclose your information to relevant third parties in the event we are involved in or contemplating a divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
· Law enforcement or other governmental entities, parties to litigation and others . We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with the law (including in response to a court order or judicial or other government subpoena or warrant or otherwise in connection with litigation), prevent unlawful activity or activity in violation of our policies, defend our rights, or maintain security.
· Sponsors and development partners . We may disclose your information to any current or future entertainment, sponsorship, advertising or development partners as well as pursuant to any strategic alliances that we may enter into.
· Other third parties with your consent . We may disclose your information to any other third party where you have provided consent for such disclosure.
To other Members of or visitors to the Platform. Certain information, including User profiles, you choose to make available in connection with the Services will be publicly published on the Platform and will therefore be generally available, including to external visitors and other Users. Script and project submissions and similar creative content which you have shared, uploaded, transmitted or sent to the Platform, or otherwise provided us, will not be publicly available and will be made exclusively visible to decision makers.
Retention & Transfer of Personal Information
We retain your personal information for no longer than reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it or to comply with the law, prevent fraud, facilitate an investigation, defend against legal claims, or exercise our legal rights. Note, however, that even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information. You acknowledge and agree that Wscripted is not responsible for the re-collection or other erasure/disposal from third-party sites or Internet resources of personal information that was disclosed pursuant to your use of the Platform.
Depending on your location, the personal information we collect about you may be transferred to a jurisdiction that does not provide the same level of protection of personal information as the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer personal information to the United States and process and store it there. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States according to its laws. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. Where cross-border transfers of personal information occur, we have adopted appropriate safeguards to better protect your personal information, to the extent required by and consistent with applicable legal requirements. You may contact us using the contact information provided below to learn more about the appropriate safeguards that apply to your personal information and to request a copy of such safeguards.
Your Choices & Rights
You may decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Platform. Once you have registered for an account with us, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page through the Platform. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can opt-out by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of the email, but you may still receive transactional or administrative emails from us, including emails regarding the status of your profile, payments and similar emails. Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
Depending on your location and subject to local law, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal information. These may include: the right to access, correct, and delete your personal information; the right to restrict or object to our use of your personal information; and the right to receive a portable copy of your personal information in a usable format. If you provide us with consent to use your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time, however, such withdrawal will not impact the lawfulness of our use of your personal information based on your consent up to that point.
To make a request related to your personal information or otherwise exercise your rights, you may contact us using the contact information provided below. In order to fulfill your request, we may require additional information from you. We will respond to requests within the relevant time periods established by applicable law. We are committed to finding a fair and reasonable resolution to any request, concern, or complaint you bring to our attention. However, if you are unsatisfied with our response to your request, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with applicable governmental authorities, subject to local law.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information directly from persons under 18 years of age (“ children”), and no part of the Platform is directed to children. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use or access the Platform at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Platform from children and without verifiable parental consent (where such consent is required by law), then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us using the contact information below to request that we delete the information from our systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We have implemented and maintain commercially reasonable and appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of your personal information. Protecting the security of your personal information that you share with us is of the utmost importance to us. Please note, however, that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We therefore cannot guarantee and do not warrant the absolute security of your personal information and any information you transmit to us through the Platform is at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information and therefore we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Platform will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
In an effort to ensure security and protection of your personal information, we encrypt all submissions using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. All personal information including, but not limited to, name and address is encrypted in an effort to prevent such information from being used as transmitted over the Internet. Wscripted does not store or save your credit card information. All users’ financial and payment information, such as credit card numbers and other sensitive financial data, are processed through a third-party secure vendor and are not retained by Wscripted.
The personal information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our third party providers. As we deem appropriate and as required by applicable law, we use security measures appropriate for the sensitivity of the personal information and consistent with industry standards, including, but not limited to, physical, organizational and technological protections to protect your personal information.
Links to Third Party Sites or Products
The Site contains links to sites operated and maintained by third parties as well as links to products and services provided by third parties. Wscripted has no control whatsoever over such third parties, their Internet sites or their products or services and is not responsible for their content, their privacy policies, or their use of personal information. Wscripted is not responsible for the quality and/or any aspects of linked third-party goods/services, or the third parties’ use of your personal information.
While we support the protection of our users’ privacy on the Internet, Wscripted expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including other Members of Wscripted, including without limitation actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of personal information.
Changes to Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time, without notice. We will notify you about changes that significantly impact our use of your personal information by placing a prominent notice on the Site or by sending you an email. Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Privacy Notice. For the avoidance of doubt, disputes arising hereunder will be resolved in accordance with the Privacy Notice in effect at the time the dispute arose.
Please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our use of your personal information by e-mail at [email protected] or by mail at:
3537 36th St
Queens, NY 11106, USA